Thursday, December 17, 2009

Why does a Thursday feel like a Friday?

The girls are going over to Victoria's house after school. Mr. Cheung has an appointment and will bring them home around 4 pm, so, Victoria's grandma will pick all three girls and walk home to their place. The last time the girls were over at Victoria's house was Oct 20 -- Aidan's birthday! I remembered that evening, it was almost 8 pm when visiting hours were almost over when Dickens brought the girls to the hospital to see me and meet Aidan for the first time. I was just going to the bathroom when they walked in. They saw me in my bloody gown walking into the bathroom in baby steps. But then they went straight to see baby.

I sat in the glider and asked my usual questions -- how was your day in school, what did you learn and what was the best part of your day. The best part are the answers -- both mouths shoot at the same time. But this time I was able to hear each child speak, they knew to be quiet and their eyes were on the baby. Every now and then, a sentence is intercepted with an "awwww".

What delights me is what comes out of Amanda's mouth. Guess what we had for SNACK? Udon noodles with cha siu and choy. (giggle). You can see the girls are accustomed to cookies and milk for their after school meal. The udon was a real treat. I wonder what they will have today?

Last night, I made oxtail stew and some whole wheat shell pasta. I put some fresh rosemary (the tree Yeats got us -- and we still have it, but starting to look like the Charlie Brown tree) in it and it smelled so nice.

Tonight, I have defrosted some ground pork and will be cooking it with the fuzzy melon. The menu tends to repeat itself when I have limited ingredients, limited recipes/ideas or little motivation to cook. Yeah, I get those days where I don't want to cook and tends to be at the end of the week. On Saturdays when I am entitled not to cook -- I have to be the one to decide what to eat. Dickens and I have a staring contest on who can think what to eat. I don't know what is more painful -- not wanting to cook or not knowing what to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment