Saturday, December 26, 2009

Day after Christmas



Another Christmas has come and gone. Somehow the tree does not look as glittery as it was before Christmas. It is now another piece of decoration that will soon need to be packed away for another year. But for now, it is still standing with gifts surrounding its bottom plastic branches. The wrapping is still in the garbage bag nearby.

This year, our turkey was another success..even if we did not buy our usual Butterball brand. We decided to try out the PC label and it was actually comparable to the Butterball. We made the regular sides -- the scalloped potatoes, boxed stuffing, veggies (corn and broccoli) and don't forget Amanda's favourite -- cranberry sauce. She almost licked the entire bowl. Amelia and Amanda had delicious helpings of the entire dinner last night -- I guess, they are growing and now eat more than the regular toddler portions I tend to give them. While Anson was only crazy for corn. The only disappointment was the dessert, my cheesecake. Not that it was not good but rather the layer of grape jello I had on top. It not only leaked out from the springform pan, but it did not want to bond. So, every time I put a slice on the plate, the jello just slid off and unto to the plate as if it were a second dessert next to the cheesecake. I guess I will not try that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment