Saturday, May 22, 2010
Victoria Weekend - Day 1
Today, we planted the last of our vegetables -- the winter melon, some more tomatoes (cherry and the "regular" one as what Dickens called them -- whatever that means. We'll just have to wait and see.) and some okra melon (ick...they taste wicked in a bad way, that is). We haven't grown those in the past few years so, we decided to do it this year.
I finally finished the glutinous rice ball today. Yesterday I made the red bean filling and put it in the fridge. Today, I made the glutinous rice dough and then stuffed them with the red bean paste. To see my results and for the recipe, visit my cooking blog.
Since this is almost the official first weekend of summer, I finally decided to clean out the dressers for the kids -- put away the winter sweaters and cords for some T's, shorts and dresses (for the girls). I found some summer onesies I used to put on the girls when they were babies. Don't worry, they had lots of gender neutral clothes as babies. Anyone remember Aidan's outfit??
That's pretty much our day 1 of the long weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment