Sunday, May 30, 2010

My Birthday Weekend



It has been a real roller coaster weekend. Actually, the roller coaster started a few days ago with Aidan coming down with a wicked fever for 3 days. Although he was still playful and ate when I fed him, his head was always burning hot. We tried both Tylenol and then Advil afterwards. The fever would calm down a bit. Luckily by Saturday morning, it was gone but something else came up....baby measles (aka roseola). And that was when he started to get really fussy and irritable. He would not sleep for longer than 2 hours and usually waking up crying and scratching. We almost got desperate to take him out for a ride in the middle of the night because he would not calm down.

Earlier in the evening, we tried to go out for my birthday dinner but because he was so fussy, we asked our server to brown bag our food -- before we even ate it. The server was so nice. So different from our previous experience at Perkins when went to the US last weekend. We even got our dessert packed. Actually, Dickens told the server that it was my birthday and they boxed a molten lava cake for us to take home. Regardless of my sleepless nights as of lately and a baby that only wants mommy to hold him...just want to say "thanks" to everyone for the birthday wishes and making me feel better about turning 29, I mean 39. (For some strange reason...I thought I was turning 38 -- until I just did my birthday math. I guess we need a reality check every now and then.) : )

No comments:

Post a Comment