It has been a long day and I accomplished nothing which is out of the ordinary for a Saturday. We let the girls skip Chinese school today so we can attend the Roger's children holiday party at the Better Living Centre. A morning of midway rides after breakfast -- nice. Good thing we all had a light breakfast. We did not intend to have a light breakfast because of the rides, but because we woke up late and were scrambling to get out the door at a time to beat the weekend rush hour on the DVP.
Before heading downtown, we stopped by the Silverstar Scotiabank branch to pick up our annual goodies. Dickens decided to keep the car running while we sat and he went in to get the "goods". For a quick pick up, he seemed to take forever. The car was beginning to fog up. When he came out, he put the plastic bag in the trunk and we were on our way. Dickens' comment about the "goods"...it is bigger than last year! It is the big red Luck calendar for 2010.
On our way down the DVP, we met up with the rest of the population -- what is happening downtown that is attracting so many people? We were on stop/go mode up to York Mills when things started to pick up, the accident that happened there was just leaving and the traffic was moving along. And Dickens got to do his smooth turn (FAST) around the curve near the Don Mills bridge. What a high for him.
At the Better Living Centre, it looked the same as it did 20 years ago?? Still run down looking just like the good ol' Ex days and when minimum wage was $3.50/hr. There we spent the morning lining up and lining up...and lining up. I forgot, we also spent a good 15 mins lining up for a picture with the guy in the red suit. For once, the Santa really looked like Santa. I recalled one year at the Scotiabank party, we took a picture with a Santa that was really a woman. And she was Asian too.
After one more ride, we decided that it was time to head out. The girls started to whine about when they can open their gifts, Dickens and I were beginning to feel hungry and little Aidan was content in his car seat -- fed and comfy.
A day of lining up, picture with a Santa that looked real and music to move any uncoordinated butt has come to end.
Oh, I almost forgot...what was I doing the whole time? I was looking after Aidan and scouting for tv personalities as Rogers owns several tv stations. I did see a couple of people from Cityline and CP 24. Whoo-hoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment